• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Windshield latch - 2002 28TE

LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Windshield latch - 2002 28TE

Post by LarryOwen »

Am still looking for a replacement windshield latch for my 2002 28TE as depicted in the photo. Has anyone seen one of these? American Marine Products, the manufacturer, no longer produces this latch and has none in stock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Windshield latch - 2002 28TE

Post by Pitou »

You've got me Larry. I have an '02 as well and the photo does not look at all familiar. I've sat at the helm for at least 900 + hours on the hour meter and I'm stumped. Trying to figure out where on the windscreen that's mounted. I'm scratching my head. :? Try posting another photo set further back for perspective. I think you'll get more response.

Here's a link to a photo of what I look at ... wish I could take credit for this great shot! Hinges above and latches below. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5079
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Post by LarryOwen »

Here's a longer shot, for what it's worth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

My 2000 has that same latch but mhanna's 2001 does not. His has a larger stainless lever type latch. Kev you probably have the metal latch as well. Here's mine, same setup as Larry's. I like them, compact and simple but plastic (esp in the sun) will eventually crack as proven above :(
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”