• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hull Paint

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

hutch1349
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth RI

Hull Paint

Post by hutch1349 »

I have a blue hull 2004 28'flush deck. The oxidation has consumed the hull and I am thinking of having it painted. Information was sent to me about Awlgrip and Interlux. Let me first say that I am a banker and I can replace my zincs, paint the bottom and wax just about anything, probably too well. Can anyone share some experiences or offer some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Blue Sky
Portsmouth RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Hull Paint

Post by jcollins »

hutch1349 wrote:I have a blue hull 2004 28'flush deck. The oxidation has consumed the hull and I am thinking of having it painted. Information was sent to me about Awlgrip and Interlux. Let me first say that I am a banker and I can replace my zincs, paint the bottom and wax just about anything, probably too well. Can anyone share some experiences or offer some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Blue Sky
Portsmouth RI
Hi,
Wet sanding will bring it back and save you the expense of paint. But, only if your willing to wax every 3 months. In the long run paint is the way to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

had great luck with the poly glow. light wet sanding and a good compounding prior to application did the trick for my '02 28te.

i say this thankfully as i truely could not afford an awlgrip paint job at this time.

regards, mick
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Special k,
Will Poly-Glo really last May til late October?
If yes, it sure is tempting.
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha

Return to “Albin Maintenance”