• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacing Oil Pan on '01 28TE 300 Yanmar

To the First
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Clearwater, FL

Replacing Oil Pan on '01 28TE 300 Yanmar

Post by To the First »

Well, She ran good for the first 5 months...unfortunately we now have serious oil leak and the mechanic said the only place to purchase a new Oil Pan is overseas...anyway does anyone know if we can get one here in the States to fit the 2000 28TE Yanmar 300? I do not wish to pay for storage and renting of trailer when the boat needs to be pulled out of the water for few weeks while waiting on this part. And do they have to remove the engine?? Well in addition to the oil pan problem, we need to rebuild alternator, fix rudder packing and while she’s out of water may as well have all hoses and gaskets replaced. We are having amazing Florida weather and hate to have her out of water for so long :cry:
Any advice on the oil pan issue would be appreciated...or any advice on a Domestic supplier I can share with the shop mechanic?? PLUS, we want to make sure she's ready for the March rendezvous in FL...It’s coming up fast :wink:
To the First
28' TE ~ Clearwater, FL
Annette & Scott
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Replacing Oil Pan on '01 28TE 300 Yanmar

Post by Panhdjoe »

I am curious as to why an oil pan would need to be replaced?
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
To the First
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by To the First »

Mechanic said it had thinning wall, close to dipstick. It had leaked oil out all into our haul. We've only owned the boat for a few months and don't know what caused it...or could have caused it.
To the First
28' TE ~ Clearwater, FL
Annette & Scott
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Annette and Scott- Contact Mastry Engine Center in St Pete. 522-9471. They are the Yanmar dealers here and should be able to help you quickly. I will bet they will have a replacement, new or used, and good advice. Glad you plan on having it ready for the rendezvous ! Let me know how it goes. By the way, I am a big fan of Embree Marine in the marine trades area of St Pete accessible by water in Salt Creek, near the Harborage and Coast Guard station. They replaced my shaft seals and some other work. Good people and used by knowledgeable locals.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Looks like Chuck has given you good advise and location on the Yanmar parts. The 315 parts should be easy to find it seems to me. I have had no reason to order parts for my Yanmar 315's. thus far.

My previous 290 Luhrs has twin 140 Yanmar's and seemed to need everything. All my parts came from Yanmar wholesaler supplier out of Los Angeles. We did have one part that seemed to be unavailable and it was shipped directly from the Yanmar Amercian Headquaters in Chicago, Ill.

Really doubtful you would have to wait for factory order from Japan on something as basic as an oil pan.
Depending on condiiton some repairs can be made but you will still need gaskets.

If Chuck's source can't help ask them to contact Yanmar America in Chicago. Likley your problem is going to get solved locally quickly.

whwells "Howard"
35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
To the First
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by To the First »

Great..thanks guys!!! We are very lucky to have this site, with fellow Albin owners...
Given this new info we will hold off a day or two so we can contact names given above. I'll let you know how it goes...much thanks again!
To the First
28' TE ~ Clearwater, FL
Annette & Scott
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SpaceCoaster »

I have the same problem with my oil pan. It corroded to the point it pitted through leaking oil into the bilge. Although I have a different engine and an older model TE, I suspect you'll be stuck lifting the engine to replace the pan. There simply is not enough clearance to remove it with the engine in place. At least in my case there wasn't. My albin is now on the hard, engine is out and the bilge is now cleaned out (what a mess it became). I'm going to keep it out for a while to see if I can find time to make other repairs while I have access to the engine space. I plan on replacing hoses, pulling shaft/rudder/prop to check/tune them, replace bilge pumps, paint bilge, etc. Good luck on your project. I hope it goes well and fast so you can enjoy the great weather we are having.

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
To the First
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by To the First »

Hi Jorge, Sounds like we were in the same boat! Replaced just about everything we could while out however when we went for the test drive last Friday, turbo was done too! We are hoping not to have any major repairs for some time...Turbo is being replaced now, we wanted to see if we could get another yr or two out of it thats why we opt not to replace while out...anyway, we will see in the next day or two how she runs...
To the First
28' TE ~ Clearwater, FL
Annette & Scott

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”