• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trim for hatchs on sole of galley

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Trim for hatchs on sole of galley

Post by amber jj »

We are going to be installing flooring on the galley and v-birth soles.It will be the teak heavy vinyl.Where I am finding a problem are the hatch openings with the curved 90 degree corners.Is there anywhere you can purchase inner and outer trim rings for the sole opening and the hatch.I do not really want to mitre 45 degree corners.I have tried bending anodized alumimin and plastic trim,but it just buckles.They are approx. 18 inches square.
Thank Bob
yobarnacle
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Vero Beach Fla.

Re: Trim for hatchs on sole of galley

Post by yobarnacle »

http://www.cronescustomwoodworking.com/squares.html
Above link is custom mirror frames with round corners. Probably expensive. Might find cheaper similer frames at a discount store
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Re: Trim for hatchs on sole of galley

Post by amber jj »

Thanks for the lead.I called and talked with Collin.It sounds pretty positive if I want to do it in wood.He seems that he could accommodate me with no problem.Only thing is that I would like to do it in stainless or aluminum.I didn't think the price was to bad for custom work,about a $100
Thankyou Bob

Return to “Albin Maintenance”