• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

pENINSULAR ENGINE OIL CHANGE

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Joe/Fran
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North Kingstown RI

pENINSULAR ENGINE OIL CHANGE

Post by Joe/Fran »

i HAVE A 1997 28TE WITH A PENINSULAR DIESEL (MY FIRST INBOARD) MY QUESTION IS ABOUT THE ENGINE OIL DRAIN. THERE IS A 3/8 " HOSE WITH A THREADED PLUG THAT SITS ON TOP OF THE ENGINES PORT SIDE (BOATS STARBOARD) I ASSUME THIS IS AN :?: OIL DRAIN AND WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD ATTACH A OIL DRAIN PUMP TO THIS HOSE OR WILL IT REACH BELOW THE OIL PAN IN THE BILGE THEN DRAIN THE OIL (INTO A CONTAINER) GRAVITY FED? ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: pENINSULAR ENGINE OIL CHANGE

Post by jcollins »

That sounds like something a previous owner installed? Is there any way to contact him?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I had a 28 TE with the Peninsular and it had the same hose attached to the top of the engine. That hose went to the bottom of the oil pan and was installed for changing the oil easier. Just screw a bushing from your oil suction pump hose onto the hose from the oil pan and there you have it. Make sure you warm the oil first so that it sucks out easier. No need to climb under the engine or to try and suck oil out the dip stick tube.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Never noticed that on mine. I'll have to take closer look in the Spring.

Thanks Denis.
John
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

No problem John, I hope you have that installed it's much easier with it. I don't know why but I thought you sold your boat and moved up in size?
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Denis wrote:No problem John, I hope you have that installed it's much easier with it. I don't know why but I thought you sold your boat and moved up in size?
I'm stuck in a vicious cycle. I don't want to sell my boat. I really enjoy it. I can't buy another boat until I sell this boat. :roll:
I'll probably end up doing, well, ....nothing. :oops:
John
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

It is exactly as Denis explained. I installed this on my 6LP. Here is a shot of the banjo bolt at the dipstick connection under the pan. See page 4 of the attached catalog (Catalog pg 4 which is pg 8 of the PDF). This is metric for the Yanmar, I'm am just providing for reference purposes.

John,
You may wish to add this catalog to the library..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”