• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Heading South news article

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Heading South news article

Post by tbnolin »

First off HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you fine folks out there!! I hope for all of you that were able to see the New Year in, you are having a good recovery!!
While we were in Vero Beach for a couple of weeks, a reporter came by and wanted to know if she could ask a few questions about living on board a boat full time. The article came out last week and is now on their website. If you're interested in reading it, you can go to http://www.verobeachnewsweekly.com/ . Scroll down to past issues, first row on the right, Brenda and I are in the top right hand corner. The story starts on page 14 along with another photo of us on the bow. A good time!
Right now we're in Manatee Pocket in Stuart at the Mariner Cay Marina. Looks like we're going to stick around here for a month or so. I can now understand why you folks down here love it. I mean swimming in a unheated pool on New Years Eve Day....that's just not right....but I'll take it!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Heading South news article

Post by N4QC »

Enjoy!

As time passes on, the article is in the December 22, 2011 issue...

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Tom,
Very good article. Thanks for sharing.
The weather "up here" isn't too bad. Yesterday in the high 50s, last night around 40. Not swimming weather but the harbor was lit up with fireworks last night.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

John, A big cold front for Monday night into Tuesday....down into the 60's! Never heard of such a thing for this time of year!!! This weather has been..well...just delightful, to say the least! I'll take 60's in January anytime!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Tom and Brenda just read your magazine article, very nice. Sounds like you are adjusting well, I am sure there is a book there somewhere from all the adventures you have been through.
Keep up the good work , I check in looking for your posts here frequently. have a great 2012!
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig

Return to “General Discussion”