• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yanmar 3HM35F keys

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Bo Pop Pop
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Washington, WA

Yanmar 3HM35F keys

Post by Bo Pop Pop »

When I bought my A-25 in October, the PO only had one key to cabin and another to the engine panel. In another thread I relate how I finally solved the issue of a cabin entry key. Now, ("for the good-of-the-order") I ought to share my MUCH EASIER quest for a spare Yanmar key.

Alas, all I needed to to was call my local Yanmar dealer (in this case; Gallery Marine, Northlake Way, Seattle). Good news: they had the standard key in stock - $15 and I was on my way with little bag containing 2 spares. Possible bad news: every 3HM35F on the planet shares the same key.

Sooo, I wonder if this same-key situation applies to all Yanmar (or other make) engines? :roll:

Happy boating to ya!
Pat
It's always easier to stay found than to get un-lost.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Yanmar 3HM35F keys

Post by jleonard »

I don't know of all Lehmans have the same key, but I also don't really care. I leave the key in the switch all the time, even during the winter.
I suppose if I had to close the seacock or somehow have the engine apart while it was in the water I might take the key out only to prevent an accidental start. But other than that, I think my boat would be the last one to get stolen.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

jleonard wrote:...I think my boat would be the last one to get stolen.
Well it would be a very comfy place for squatters to hang out but would certainly not make for a good get-away vehicle.

Even though my slip is behind the house and we have not had a problem in 30+ years, I stash my keys. Even if it's just under a rag on the dashboard, just to get them out of plain sight. I have heard of a-holes going into marinas and just stealing everybody's keys, just to piss people off when they come down next to head out boating...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Keys are no worry among friends. Actually I have always left the key in plain view on a mooring bouy for fear their might be an emergency and someone is trying to locate a key who knows where. In recent years while in a slip rather than hanging on a bouy, I worry about children walking down the docks and turning the engines on. Now I leave a key with the habor master and pray nothing happens when someone is not around. I do have a secondary place for jsut me and my forgetfufllness.
whwells "Howard"
"Nibbles" 35TE Sportfisher/Conv. 2006
Anacortes, Wa.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I hang my keys on my through-hull. It reminds me to open it up! There is a second set of keys in the marina office.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”