• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Litton Owners

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

LaPazLitton

Litton Owners

Post by LaPazLitton »

This is my firt post as a new member and have a couple of questions. I have heard that the company that manufactures the Albin first manufactured the Litton line of sail boats and trawlers. Is this correct? Any additional history?
Second question. Are there any Litton owners on this site. I have owned my 41', 1979 Litton for over 15 years and she has faithfully take us from San Francisco to Alaska on one trip and SF to La Paz Mx. where we now live, many times. In all of our West coast travels, I have only seen a couple of other Litton's. One in Seattle, and one here in the Sea od Cortez. Are there more Litton's lurking out there, and where are you? Thanks
Litton Owner
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Kentucky Dam Marina, Gilbertsville, KY

Re: Litton Owners

Post by Litton Owner »

I was surfing the web looking at anything related to Litton Trawlers and ran acrossed your post on the Albin Owners website. We are owners of a 1981 41' Litton. We purchased it about the time you posted your request back in October 2010. We purchased our boat from Starved Rock Marina in Ottawa, IL and brought it down the Illinois & Mississippi River then up the Ohio & Cumberland Rivers where she resided for a year while we worked on her at Rotterging Marine on Lake Barkley in Kentucky. She recently was put back in the water in September and currently resides at Kentucky Dam Marina on Kentucky Lake. I have original factory paperwork and some drawings that came with the boat. Sadly there was no log book so it was only because the survey was promising that we bought the boat. The last year has been a labor of love and the work continues.
Litton's were designed by a guy named Stuart but that's about as far as my knowledge goes on the subject. I was told they were built in Taiwan but not in the same yard as Albins. I can't verify any of that information. Litton's are rare so I guess there weren't many built or the company just wasn't that successful. We love the roominess of our boat and especially the large aft master suite. We are planning to do the Loop in the future but a lot of variables have to come together for that dream to happen.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Litton Owners

Post by whwells »

LaPasLitton & Litton Owner: Sounds like an interesting boat. Would enjoy viewing some photos if you can post and no doubt others would as well.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles" Anacortes, Wa.

Return to “General Discussion”