• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

32 speed/fuel burn

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

32 speed/fuel burn

Post by jprohan »

Have read posts re speed and fuel consumption on 32's. I have owned mine since 1989 and keep a detailed log re the fuel use and cost. My 32 cruises easily @ 16Kts. and tops out around 21-22. At 16 kts. I burn 8-10 gal/hr. depending on load and sea conditions. In 98 I ran from LI,NY to Stuart FL. Took exactly 100 hrs and I burned little less than 1000 gals. Made the return trip in 07 and ran 101 hours (must of got lost somewhere) and burned the same. Once ran for 12 hrs. from Green Turtle in the Abacos, towing a 16 foot Key West 100 feet back on a long painter. I never touched the throttle until I hit the St. lucie inlet; and burned 11 GPH and speed was 14 knots. I've always been pretty happy with the speed versus consumption on a boat this size. My previous boat, 31 Bertram, had a 35 kt. top end; but cruising @ 20 kts. I was burning 20-22 GPH (gasoline). Nice boat, but expensive to run, even back then.
I only wish the price of fuel was what it was in 98....averaged$2-2.75/gallon going south.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: 32 speed/fuel burn

Post by whwells »

Your fuel consumption sounds reasonable. Sadly, the prices will never go down much again at leaat not enough to bring back the good old days.
whwells "Howard"
35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"

Return to “General Discussion”