• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

TE35 Exhaust Elbows

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

TD
First Mate
First Mate

TE35 Exhaust Elbows

Post by TD »

My boat is a 2000 year and I believe I should be replacing the exhaust elbows. They are apparently a Albin [not Cummins] add on. It is not a good design because the seawater hose does not exit into the elbow on the gravity exit side of the exhaust. Is there any place these elbows can be purchased or should I look for a good exhaust shop to build new ones?
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: TE35 Exhaust Elbows

Post by jleonard »

Sounds like you need custom elbows built. There is a lot of good info regarding exhaust systems in www.boatdiesel.com.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

Thanks J--Yes I have talked to Brad and will talk to Tony. I was wondering if anyone found a off the shelf source. There is a custom source I believe in Tacoma not far from me and I might try them.
HANG'M HIGH
Seattle
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

The standard elbow looks like below. Anything else is "custom".
IMG_0952 (768 x 576).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

Thank you J--I think that is still a problem elbow so I will pursue the custom version.
Terry
HANG'M HIGH
Seattle
partymarty

Post by partymarty »

try marine manifold on long island, they custom manufacture exhaust manifolds and risers
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

Thanks for the reply. I am on the west coast so was after someone in my area. I found Greenwater Marine Exhaust in Tacoma, Wa. They fabricated new SS exhaust elbows which now exit the water on the exhaust side and cannot run back into the engine even if they fail. I had them powder coated which extends the life 2-3 times the uncoated. Cummins/Albin OEM exhaust had another problem. I.E. the water ejection holes are oversized and do not allow the water to fill the cavity. This results in high temperatures on the exhaust boot. My boots which are 11 years old showed hot caked areas on the top side. This indicates to me that the exit water was not getting to that area. I should also mention that the cost was significantly less than OEM and one other supplier.
HANG'M HIGH
Seattle
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
This is picture to new exhaust elbows I forgot to put in previous post. I should also mention that my elbows were near end of life.
Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
HANG'M HIGH
Seattle

Return to “Albin Maintenance”