• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Made the plunge... Awlgrip it is...

Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Made the plunge... Awlgrip it is...

Post by Capt Paul »

Hello All

Waterhound, yes , Vivid red is the color.

Howard, thanks for the complements. The boat was red from the start. I am very happy with the results still. I just had it re-buffed after two years when we re-did the bottom paint. All I have been doing is washing it with a soft brush as recommended by the boat yard that painted it. No scratches and it is holding up well. I use the boat as a US Coast Guard AUX facility and do side tows with it, its holding up well to the bumper activity while in a side tow. Its a tough hard paint!

The picture with the red bottom is with all bottom paint stripped off, so you are looking at the jell coat. Bottom paint color is black.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
waterhound

Post by waterhound »

Paul - thanks for the information!
MeyrickP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stamford CT

Repaint Green 1997 Albin 28 TE

Post by MeyrickP »

I need advice!

I want to repaint this winter. Does anyone have advice on whether AwlGrip is better than the competing products?

Anyone have experience with a repaint job in the Western Long Island Sound area?

Thanks
Meyrick Payne
Albin 32+2
"Ancora"
Stamford, CT
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

I did not compare it or find out anything about competing products, so I 'm afraid I cannot be of any help. I was very impressed about the things I have heard and seen about Awlgrip though. The real seller to me was a friend of mine showed his boat which had been painted with it 2 years before he showed it to me. It still look brand new and he had not given it a buffing yet. He said he just washed the hull every month. We have 365 day season out here so to me I did not need to think about it to much.

Paul
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

Allyacht is another allgrip product that I used. It is supposed to be easier to repair. I think it lacks clear in the fianal coat. My resparay was at the low end of Howards price range, but the hull was not too dinged up.
Trav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Post by Mike Ebert »

Paul, where did you have the painting done?
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

"The Boat Yard", part of Grand Marina Alameda (I keep my boat there), Talk to Sean if your are interested: 510-521-6100, http://www.boatyardgm.com/

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”