• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lehman won't start!

bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Re: Lehman won't start!

Post by bccanucker »

When I got my first boat with diesels I took some night school classes kind of like diesels for dummies. We were told no, no, no, dont sit and warm up your diesel. Turn it on and go. I dont come all the way up to cruising RPMS until the temperature comes up. Also, we were told that during the winter just leave it. Do not start it like the gas people do. I spent 13 years with my gas boat and during the winter faithfully went every few weeks to start it and idle for a while. During the first year with a diesel it drove me nuts to not start it. All the boaters I know where we live do it this way.
Twill be interesting to see other answers to this.
ps Sebastian - My 36 classic has the same swim grid as Michaels.
See
http://www.blueheron-albin.blogspot.com/
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I never warm up a diesel. Normally I get my electrical disconnected, dock fenders removed, most of my lines free, then I fire up. Climb to the bridge while first mate is undoing the 2 bow lines and main spring line, then we're off. I have a 20 minute run at no wake speed before I can go to cruise speed so the enigne has plenty of chance to warm up.
NEVER turn the engine over during winter layup. Winterize, plug the exhaust outlet, then wait till launch.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

jleonard wrote: I have a 20 minute run at no wake speed before I can go to cruise speed so the enigne has plenty of chance to warm up.
I have a good 10-15 minutes of no wake as well, perfect for warming her up and then cooling her down on the way back in :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “36/37/40/43”