• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

manual

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: grand haven, MI

manual

Post by sunvale1 »

I'm thinking of purchasing a 90 Albin 36. I have to transport the boat some 250 miles and sure would like to find out how to get the fly bridge of her to make it under the over passes. Does anyone have the owners manual for a 36 ft they could make me a copy of it. Does anyone have experience taking down the fly bridge.
It's getting to cold to taker 900 miles around Michigan to get her to Grand Haven Michigan.
Any help would be appreciated.
Peter
lpbp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: manual

Post by lpbp »

I am just wondering where you are transporting from By your post your Mich to Mich is that right , so looking at up L Luron and dwn Lake Mich is that correct .
sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sunvale1 »

From Cleveland, OH. Lk Erie to Grand Haven, MI. Lk Michigan.
The fly bridge has to come off. It's a great boat and there are a couple of things I like to do while the boat is closer to home, 25 miles verses 300 miles.
lpbp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by lpbp »

I know it is a little late in the season but you are 550 nautical miles if you sail it . What a great trip The fall winds have started but lots of ports to jump into . trees are starting to turn The other thing is that since the Erie Canal is closed ,there is quite a few boats heading to Chicago to start dwn the Mississippi to get South . Nice company if you coud find somebody heading your way at the same time.
Cant help you with a manual but just a thought . Just finished some days off , I would of loved this trip . I used to enjoy the trips up throught the Straits of Makinaw . L Mich can be areal bitch in the fall though. Good luck and enjoy your boat . Another great Lakes sailor
sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sunvale1 »

L Mich can be areal bitch in the fall though.

That is what is keeping me from taking the trip. 550 at 9kn is a bit of a treck for a newby power boater.
sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sunvale1 »

On a different note. How much of a donation does one have to make to the group that would enable me to get into the manuals and mechanical information on the sight.
Peter
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

sunvale1 wrote:On a different note. How much of a donation does one have to make to the group that would enable me to get into the manuals and mechanical information on the sight.
Peter
The donation can be fairly modest. I don't know if John has an actual dollar figure but the easiest thing to do is buy a burgee or such from the store on the main page. Then you get both the burgee AND become a Supporting Member.

As a disclaimer - there are NO factory manuals on Albins. The "library" is a collection of materials submitted by members, either gathered from the web, digitized, or produced by themselves.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sunvale1 »

I just made a donation of $50 but still can't get on the pdf files. I had a sneaky feeling here would be no manuals, but since I'm new to trawler boating, any information would be welcome. Somebody out there in cyber space must know how to take the fly bridge of.
Thanks for the info.
Peter
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

WHWELLS is in the process of having his 35 TE transported from Georgian Bay, Ontario to Vancouver, BC.
The flybridge had to come off. He is keeping us posted as to how things have been going. Would expect him to jump in with some insight...

Good luck,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sunvale1 »

He is just the man I need to talk to. I would love to take the boat home with me but sure need to have an idea how to get the fly bridge of and than get a final height of the boat from the keel up.
Thanks for the heads up.
Peter
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Peter:

Whwells may have missed the purpose of your inquiry due to the topic title. Perhaps a private AOG e-mail to him would be in order…

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"

Return to “General Discussion”