• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Post by whwells »

At long last CanAM picked up the Albin and began the move today from Georgian Bay, Ontario to Vancouver, BC. Load looks really good. Have a number of pictures to post if I could figure how to move from email to our system. The Flybridge & Radar Arch are nicely placed on the trailer gooseneck. Actullay there is a nice platform there for such shipping. Driver is expecting to arrive Vancouver on 9-21 next Wed. This is great relief for me as the wait as been long and uncertain. However, have heard good things about CanAM and the wait was the right thing to do. If anyone has advise as to how to transfer pictures from emails I will post some. The Gooseneck haul is interesting. DougSea thanks for recomending calmness. Seems to have worked. Will take a while to get the boat back together for the run to Anacortes, Wa. but end is now in sight- I think.
whwells "Howard"
"Nibbiles" 35 TE Sportfisher/flybridge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by whwells on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Post by jcollins »

Howard,
When you've done all you can to make the proper arrangements, you have to trust in the people you hired to complete the job. We look forward to hear that your boat has arrived safely and is in the water where it belongs.

I'm assuming your using Outlook? Pictures attached to a email are held in a temporary folder. The first thing to do is save them somewhere permanent on your computer. Create a folder under "Pictures" and save them there. After that you can upload them to AOG. (you should also have some type of backup device. Either an attached drive or online)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Well, this is my first effort at attaching photos. Hopefully there are more than number when posted. Nice looking load. Shows the gooseneck that I that was a concerned as to how something would ship on it.
DSC_0037.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

The Journeys ends finally. Looks to be awhile before it will be boating ready again. Happy that it is out west at least. Arrived 9-21 in Vancouver, BC.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “General Discussion”