• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Turbo

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

thirdrail
Gold Member
Gold Member

Turbo

Post by thirdrail »

Talk about having a bad day, yesterday as I was crusing to go fishing I got a low coolant alarm, when I looked for leaks I found one by the raw water pump. I knew this couldn't be the cause of the low coolant and continued my search. Found the water heater leaking coolant so I cut the hose and bypassed it to get back to the dock. After I completed this fix I noticed several drops of oil in the bilge under the turbo. I cleaned this up and headed back to the dock. When I got there the drops of oil were back and seem to be coming from somewhere on the turbo. Anyone have a clue what this could be. I also pulled the raw water pump and the water side oil seal was in bad shape and needs to be replaced
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Turbo

Post by jleonard »

Might be nothiing. Drips from the inlet of the turbo are only a nuisance most likely.
What engine? Got pics? Got an Airsept that needs cleaning?
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Yummy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: none

Re: Turbo

Post by Yummy »

Good job Mystic

Return to “Albin Maintenance”