• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

GOOSENECK TRANSPORT ARCH & FLYBRIDGE"

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

GOOSENECK TRANSPORT ARCH & FLYBRIDGE"

Post by whwells »

Surprises never cease. The radar arch first came off/ and was wraped and packed for shipment on the trailer gooseneck. Later it was determined that height of boat was 6" more than estimated such that the flybridge has had to come off as well. The Marina has built a plywood platform on which the flybridge is now mounted. Looks good and stable. I assumed it would be lifted into the rear transom area secured and shiped in that fashion. Now the decision is to pack and haul on the trailer gooseneck. That is a big package to be there from my prospective. Have concerns about rocks flying and whatever in that location. I am told that is the way to go.
Anyone out there have any experience with shipping on the gooseneck - and if so what was shipped & how did it go"? Any chance a flybridge has been seen or shipped on the gooseneck of the trailer by the members?
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: GOOSENECK TRANSPORT ARCH & FLYBRIDGE"

Post by whwells »

Well, I am told the flybridge came from the factory on the gooseneck and that is the only way to go.
Hinson Marine who originally installed have taken it off and packed in the same manner as Albin originally shipped. Other than an empty pocket book it should be okay.
whwells
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Anything done in the same manner as Albin sounds like a potential problem to me! Just kidding - hope all goes well. Exciting and nerve racking at the same time but the end result will all be worth it. Sure is a beautiful boat.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Thank you Rob. Did not really intend to buy a boat so far away, but as a fresh water only boat and stored all winter in heated unit it was hard to say no. However, it has been a nighmare since that point. Probably would not have purchased had I know the draft was 3'6" on the twin rather than 3'0" per the broschere. Yes, it really is a beautiful boat and should be worth the worry. However, i will not sleep well until it arrives out in BC for reassembly. i really bought the 35TE Conv. because Rick "Legacy" made me do it. No he is sold on the 35. I was unsure between the 31 & 35 until talking with Rcik. There are only a few 35's on the west coast so it had to be from the east coast or Florida.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

UPDATE: Reportly the boat will begin it's move late Thur. or more likely Fri early 9-16 AM. CanAm promises the driver will the at Hinson Marine around noon. Hope to have a bunch of pictures of the load and some showing what the flybridge and radar looks like set up on the gooseneck. Probably give me goose bumps worrying about whether the stuff will stay put.
Hopefully, the journey begins. With Irene & the transporter permit issues it has been a long wait.

whwells "Howard"

Return to “General Discussion”