• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

HOUSE & DOG SITTING IN KAUAI

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

HOUSE & DOG SITTING IN KAUAI

Post by whwells »

Old Tahoe friends who have been full time residents here for the past 5 years again asked me to sit the house and the dog. What a wonderful place to be and live. Great ocean breeze. May as well be here as my "Nibbles" Albin is still stuck in Ontario. CanAm is my hauler. Any of their trucks delayed in your area? Last contact was that the load ahead of me is till in N.Y. waiting for a permit. Sure hope to get the boat moving before we have serious winter water & water in the NW. whwells
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: HOUSE & DOG SITTING IN KAUAI

Post by DougSea »

Life is returning to normal here in the NE so hopefully your new boat will be on it's way west soon!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

DougSea: Thanks ford the reply. I am a bit worried. Winter is coming to us all and sometimes early to the NW so it needs to get moving. Happy to hear things are improving for you all. Happy Holiday.
Howard
Nibbless
2006 35TE Conv. Yanmar's.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

This is next to the last day in Paradise Island. They do call it Paradise or the Garden Island. I could get used to this great weather and warm sea breeze. Nice to be able to sit outside in shorts and not freeze. Property owners are old friends from Tahoe. After a few days you can understand the pull to come here and stay.
Fishing looks to be okay, but I think cruising would be limited as it mostly all open waters. Could and will continue to do this once per year, but the draw to return to the mainland is equally strong. Can't wait to get my boat out west where it can be used. Possible shipping date of Tue. Won't count any chickens until it is loaded and moving. Stuck in Georgian Bay, Canada.
whwells
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Returned to the mainland Sat. evening Sacramento airport. Then a 5 1/2 drive home to the coast. No place like home and your own bed. Sometimes the best vacation is reminder of how good the quite life can be. Was told the CanAM driver will be at HInson Marine on the Georgian Bay Thur by noon to load the boat.
Will beleive it when the marina confirms thier arrival. So maybe one more day & the journey begins.
whwells "Howard'

Return to “General Discussion”