• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Irene

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Irene

Post by RobS »

DougSea wrote:
RobS wrote:Trop Storm vs. CAT 1 is huge for the policyholder's here in NY, especially in this economy, to not get hit with the CAT Windstorm Deductible. We'll see tmrw how it all plays out with the carriers...
So, if I read that correctly, it doesn't matter if it's a Tropical Storm or whatever when it hits YOU, but what it was classified as when it FIRST hits the state border, at least for most of the carriers.

Wow.
You got it Doug.

BTW, TOY-RIFIC is a-okay. Just some pine needles and leaves. Hmmm, with the abundance of claims that are gonna come into my office should I just get it shrinkwrapped now and leave her put until the Spring.... NO WAY!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Maid Marian
Mate
Mate

Post by Maid Marian »

Just wanted to post a picture from Sheapshead Bay Brooklyn at peak high tide. I was not going to keep the boat in the water after riding out a noreaster last March when winds were a steady 70-80 Knts. Hope everyone is safe out there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Maid Marian: You two look safe happy and the boat looks great. Have not heard much from others. Hopefully, it is good news for the eastern group. whwells
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Went to Mystic after work yesterday and spent the evening getting the boat back to normal. The boat fared well. Enclosure stayed intact, and the extra lines and fenders did their jobs. One fender is now crushed. It took the brunt of the load against a piling. One of the extra spring lines realy paid off. The line is now toast, but I think I'll frame it. It pulled so hard against the piling it has wood splinters embedded into it along with a little chafe. My fenderboard which was downwind had witness marks to the TOP of the piling it was against. I guess another couple inches of surge and I would have had damage.
The upwind finger pier pulled away from it's piling, but is not damaged....the marina will have to fix that this week, but thanks to them walking the docks during the storm, they found a spare fender and protected the boat before any damage was done.
Erie spending the night with no power in the town or marina. Several stayed aboard their boats because they have no power at their homes. At least aboard they can run their gennys.
Connecticut river is flooded very badly in Middletown. Was not bad last evening when I went past it, people were in the park. This morning there was no way anyone could be in the park. Water is at least a foot higher and is covering the entire parking lot. Nice brown muddy water.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

Well here I am back at work.The new pier stood tall w/ Irens's wrath and the Mary B attached to the pier. The old Albin did well rockin and rollin all night. I tied her up pretty good except for getting off the boat, it was quite a jump to the pier. I did loose my new anemeter and wind direction that i installed on the pier. It flew when the wind gusted to 45 about 3: 30 Saturday.The boat took on lots of water. The weather station on the pier showed we got 11 inches of rain on Broad Creek. The lesson that I leaned was You have to batten the hatches really tight as well as tie it down correctly, plus i was dealing w a 17 boat foot on a lift....It was not a problem...the surge was a non event but the rain and wind was.I hope all is well for all
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Well, Irene has me on hold for shipment. Kind of expected this could happen. My transporter is stuck in N.Y. and waiting for permits to move his current loat. Given all that happened it is understandable. whwells

Return to “General Discussion”