• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Irene Concerns

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Irene Concerns

Post by whwells »

We on the west coast are watching the developments on the east coast. It looks really scary. Hope you Ablin owners have been able to hunker your boats down for the storm as well as your homes. We know from earthquakes we have experienced that often the national news makes it seem more serious that it really is.
Sure hope that turns out to be the case for you all. It does look really serious.

BEST WISHES FOR YOU ALL THROUGH THIS TROUBLED STORM.

whwells
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Irene Concerns

Post by jleonard »

Thank you for the good thoughts.
Here in Ct they are predicting that much of the state will lose power and be without for several days maybe weeks. I don't know how true that will be, but we are targeted to be in the windy side of the storm.
What's reaaly comical is here at work the powers don't see an issue. They think it will be business as usual starting 6 am monday. I don't think any of them were around for a major like this.
Regardless, we'll prep the boat best we can and head home sunday morning before the storm gets bad here and wait it out.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Here on the west coast of Florida we are no longer on alert. Irene has caused some trouble on the east coast but nothing like what it could have been had a bona fide eye of the hurricane storm hit us. Original tracks for Irene had her going through the center of the state. She passed some 300 miles east of Tampa last night…

Take care everyone,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Good luck there Jleornard. Hope the boat is in a protected spot where there is not much fetch. The Good news is that by the time it gets up your way it will be a cat 1 at best & moving fast.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

My Albiin is still in Canada near Midtown, Ontario. Shipping date Sept 6 and to arrive BC, Canada on Sept 12. I am startng to have concerns with all you folks are to experience my transporter could get tied up there with all sorts of problems. Wished we could have moved early. It is on blocks and being prepared for shipment west.
I should be there helping, but distance to Northern Calif. makes that impractical. Praying all does go well.

Never expected an eastern storm would potentially impact my delivery and or delivery date.

wbwells
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Wbwells:

Hang lose – your time frame for shipping is in your favor. By the time Irene gets to Canada, she will no longer be a hurricane…

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

The concern is not so much the status of Irene as she passes into Canada. It will be what has happened along the way. If things go really bad the marine insurance industry will grab every transporter around to control costs.
My early employment was as a full line adjuster (back when we did field work rather than phones) and I can tell you they have the money and interests to make things happen for thier benefit. Joe, I hope for all those along the way Iene loses it's punch early. I see you are from the Tampa area. Our son just moved back to the west coast from Clear Water Beach. Nice area & we enjoyed visiting him there.
I am excited to get the boat out to the NW so any delay is a worry at this point.

Return to “General Discussion”