• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fresh water pump

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jeminmystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mason island marina, mystic, CT

fresh water pump

Post by jeminmystic »

No fresh water in sink, shower, etc. Circuit breaker pops ~5 seconds after breaker is activated, pump is not pumping. Does this mean the pump has to be replaced, or could it be an electrical problem? Are there rebuild kits for water pumps? The pump looks just like the one in the original technical specs for the 27TE but is in my 27AC. When I try to find any reference to water pumps all the information is about the engine water cooling pump! Help appreciated.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: fresh water pump

Post by DougSea »

It sounds like a bad pump, but it could also be a wiring issue. Can you get a model number off of the pump? Maybe a picture of the setup?

It may be the pressure switch has gone bad. And yes, some pumps can be rebuilt.

If it's within your skill level you could remove the pump and bench test it, isolate the issue.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jeminmystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mason island marina, mystic, CT

Re: fresh water pump

Post by jeminmystic »

Thanks. Yes, I can remove it and have someone show me how to bench test it. I will take a picture of it installed before I remove it, maybe then I'll remember how to put it back!

Return to “Albin Maintenance”