• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

interior circuit pannel

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

dianewonson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Islesboro,Maine

interior circuit pannel

Post by dianewonson »

Hi..hope someone can help. This is our first season with our Albin 28 TE, and we're still getting used to it.
The last time we were out,we used the inverter, which we're unfamiliar with, to use the microwave. We later noticed that on the interior circuit panel, only the main doc switch illuminates red when it's on. The other switches,water pump,cabin lights,macerator, etc., they work, but the red lights don't illuminate like they have been. Any idea's what might have gone wrong? We'd appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Larry and Diane
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: interior circuit pannel

Post by DougSea »

Hi guys,

I re-read your post a couple of times and I'm a little confused. The inverter obviously is feeding a 120v AC circuit but the switches (breakers?) that you mention are all on the 12v DC pannel. Did this suddenly stop working when you used the inverter? Or is it possible that you just happened to notice it shortly after using the inverter? Do you have a single integrated (AC/DC) pannel, or two separate ones? Do the AC circuit breakers still light?

Post a picture (of the pannel) if you can, along with the year of your boat. Albin used different suppliers over the years, so to find someone with the same pannel as yours we need to know the vintage.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I don't think I ever noticed lights on my DC side. Just Shore Power (on with the inverter) and AC outlets.
I'll have to look twice this weekend.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
dianewonson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Islesboro,Maine

Post by dianewonson »

Hi Doug,
We have two separate panels.The AC panel does lights up. It may be just a coincidence that the red lights stop illuminating on the DC panel that same day. We just spent two nights on the boat,and everything on the DC panel works ok, just doesn't light up when you flip the switch. We had a friend take a look. He seems to think it might be a bad ground. Our Albin TE is a 2001. I'll take a picture of the panel's next time I'm out.
Thank you so much.
Larry and Diane
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

jcollins wrote:I don't think I ever noticed lights on my DC side. Just Shore Power (on with the inverter) and AC outlets.
I'll have to look twice this weekend.

John
I took a look at mine yesterday. I only have one light. Shore Power. No lights on anything else.
I guess Albin added them in later years.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”