• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

high temp alarm

te102056
Gold Member
Gold Member

high temp alarm

Post by te102056 »

I was low on fluid in one engine. The high temp alarm came on, I turned the engine off and let it cool, added fluid and started the engine. The high temp alarm stays on constantly now with the temps at low temperature. Is it possible that the sensor has gone bad? Or does this alarm also indicate another problem?
Please help asap.
Thanks
Tom Erwin
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: high temp alarm

Post by DougSea »

Which engines do you have Tom? If they're Ford Lehman's I'm sure Jay will chime in with some good info.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Is it a Ford-Lehman? The low oil and high temp alrms/senders are on the same circuit. When they are closed (or when one of the leads touches engine ground :wink: ) the alarm sounds. So you need to check the senders to make sure the wires are connected/not shorted.
After that , yes the senders can go bad, you'll have to check them. The oil pressure alram switch is normally closed and it open when the pressure comes up (either 15 or 20 psi). The temp switch is normally open and closes when too hot (not sure of the temp, guessing 205 F).
FordLehmanEngineElectricSchematic.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
te102056
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by te102056 »

I have ford lehmans
Thanks
Tom
brookesmith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Horn Harbor Marina Port Haywood, VA

Post by brookesmith »

Just recently changed oil sender and temperature sender and gauges. American Diesel has the lehman replacements and kind of recommends changing the gauges and sending units.. Very reasonable for dual gauges. Not sure if the same sensor is used for the alarm. Pretty sure that is a separate temp sensor that the alarm works off of. Might check that out tomorrow..
Millard C. Smith ( Brooke )
brookesmith at yahoo dot com
2367 Old Church Rd.
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
804-779-3234 home
804-338-1227 cell

Liquid Therapy
1979 36' Albin DC
MTOA 4107
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/liquidtherapy

Return to “36/37/40/43”