• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

swim platform ladder

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

swim platform ladder

Post by erice »

while in stonington ct harbor last week, i saw a swim platform ladder that i liked a lot. it is shaped like an "L", pivots on the outer edge of the platform and the top part of the ladder is folded double. the end result when deployed is a five step ladder. i've looked on the net, but cannot find it. any ideas?
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: swim platform ladder

Post by JackK »

This ladder was factory installed in my 2003 -

https://windline.com/index.php?act=viewdetails&mod=70

Works real well.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by erice »

actually, the ladder we saw can be described like this: take the number "7", turn it 180 degrees to the left. now, what was the top of the 7 is on the bottom. this is mounted to the swim platform at the r/h end so it can pivot to the right. the bottom part is now vertical to the left, flat against the transom. also, the vertical part has a secondary extension that is parrallel to the transom also. in use, the ladder pivots out over the end of the platform, and the secondary extension folds down to extend deeper into the water. i hope this may make the visual image clearer.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

AA at Coecles.JPG
Like this one? If you open the picture and make larger it is easy to see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by erice »

yes, it is very much like that. does your ladder open up to provide an additional couple of steps? do you know the name of the ladder, or where it was purchased? thanks.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

yes, it is very much like that. does your ladder open up to provide an additional couple of steps? do you know the name of the ladder, or where it was purchased? thanks.
Yes it opens. If you enlarge the picture you can see the additional section against the transom.

No, I don't know the name or where to buy one. It was on the boat when I bought it.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “General Discussion”