• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

genny stalls

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

genny stalls

Post by erice »

4.5 kw northern lights with 3 cyl. lugger engine. has been running fine. this weekend, 5 mins. after starting, just stalled. tried restarting, only cranked. then hit the bypass/warmup lever and it started fine, but would stall as soon as i let go of the bypass lever. thinking it must be a temp. or oil pressure sensor, i disconnected the oil pressure switch wire (after checking oil level), started as normal, but still died after 5 mins. later, tried same, but disconnected the temp. sensor, ran about 10 mins. then died. finally, disconnected both and tried it (later on), ran 5-8 mins, and died. all times it would restart if i held the bypass lever. by the way, i'm positive about the temp. sensor, but only about 90% certain of the oil pressure sensor. checked raw water input, impellor, etc, all ok, and pumping out water like crazy. help, i'm going on vacation saturday.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: genny stalls

Post by jleonard »

There are 2 temp sensors. The regular cooant temp sensor and the exhaust temp sensor. My bet is that the exahust temp sensor is acting up.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

Post by erice »

jleonard: you are correct, sir. took me a while to find it, but i disconnected the sensor in the exhaust manifold, ran fine. ordered new temp sensor today. thanks for the help.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

jleonard: you are correct, sir. took me a while to find it, but i disconnected the sensor in the exhaust manifold, ran fine. ordered new temp sensor today. thanks for the help.
No problem glad it was that easy. :D
Gee...kinda sorta sounds like ummmm, I may have been down that road a mile or two before. :lol:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Albin Maintenance”