• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

buying boat that is selling short sale

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

te102056
Gold Member
Gold Member

buying boat that is selling short sale

Post by te102056 »

I am buying a boat through a bank. The bank has not repo'd the boat but is selling it to me at a short sale price. The owner of the boat has sent a letter to the bank saying it is ok to sell the boat. But I want to make sure that I can get clear title through the coast guard. The boat has not been documented for over five years.
Any body have any advice?
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: buying boat that is selling short sale

Post by RobS »

te102056 wrote:I am buying a boat through a bank. The bank has not repo'd the boat but is selling it to me at a short sale price. The owner of the boat has sent a letter to the bank saying it is ok to sell the boat. But I want to make sure that I can get clear title through the coast guard. The boat has not been documented for over five years.
Any body have any advice?
Contact this firm, they can handle it all: title search, documentation papers, etc. http://www.boatdoc.com/home.htm
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: buying boat that is selling short sale

Post by jcollins »

Maybe I'm not understand the question but if the bank is selling the boat won't they handle the settlement including the title search?
As far as CG documentation you can hire a company or do it yourself quite easily.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”