• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Window channels Albin 36

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

harlie
First Mate
First Mate

Window channels Albin 36

Post by harlie »

Looking for a source to acquire the channel material used to put the sliding windows in an Albin 36. Have no idea if it is used in other Albins but it would seem to be the material that the classic 36 used. Thank you
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Window channels Albin 36

Post by jleonard »

Well if htey are the same as on my 40, you can buy them at Defender. I replaced all mine a couple of years ago.
Make sure you drill out for the drains.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
harlie
First Mate
First Mate

Post by harlie »

I would assume they are the same;; boat is in the Bahamas and I am in Nova Scotia. So I am just going by memory but they seem to be a somewhat furry track ( like the older cars; 50's) Does this sound fimiliar?? Thank you for your response.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

So I am just going by memory but they seem to be a somewhat furry track ( like the older cars; 50's) Does this sound fimiliar??
Yes. I will post a picture tomorrow of a piece I have left over.....for some reason I can't download from my camera right now. It is Defender item # 900635 single rigid channel for windows 7/32 to 1/4 thick. 96 inch length for 34.99. Get a good new blade for your hacksaw and it cuts easily.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
harlie
First Mate
First Mate

Post by harlie »

Thanks kindly for the info; just had another email from another Albin 36 owner who was looking for the same information. Thanks again
jeminmystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mason island marina, mystic, CT

Post by jeminmystic »

After a few years off, i'm back on the water with my 27'ac cruiser. This dependable beauty sat quietly for a year or two patiently waiting for me to re-gain good health. So we put in new batteries, did a little re-wiring, some tuning-up, and she started up and took us out for a quick ride. We'll be cleaning and fixing up - this and that - all summer and longer and just wanted to thank you for every bit of good information I find here. Will be naming her, Violeta, asap. We remain at Mason Island Marina, Joan and Bob.
Early tasks are to buy radar, design and rewire the dashboard, make new covers for cushions, and fix windows. Glad to know where to find that fuzzy channel stuffing for the windows. As I remove the cockpit windows, will the drains you refer to become obvious?
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

will the drains you refer to become obvious
They were obvious in my boat althought they may not be if filled with how many years of crud?
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
byoung4653
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Grand Rivers, KY Green Turtle Bay Resort

Post by byoung4653 »

I am looking to replace all sliding windows in my 36 albin. Any suggestions on type and where to purchase. thanks in advance. They have been leaking at botton of frame and damaged veneer along bulkhead. I understand this is a common problem for albin 36.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

byoung4653 wrote:I am looking to replace all sliding windows in my 36 albin. Any suggestions on type and where to purchase. thanks in advance. They have been leaking at botton of frame and damaged veneer along bulkhead. I understand this is a common problem for albin 36.
Read threads above for your answer.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Albin Maintenance”