• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel Prices Getting Better

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Fuel Prices Getting Better

Post by DougSea »

RobS wrote:So this time BOAT stands for Burn Off Another Thousand

Doug, love your enthusiasm and excitement of your new found expenditure. Reminds me of when my tranny blew and I was so excited to get to pull my engine out

I look at it this way. We just made a significant investment in the boat and I've had an opportunity to use her a lot...so while the 4 digit fuel bill was a bit eye popping I'm not complaining! 8)

I'm on my annual sojourn up the Hudson, staying in Newburgh, and I've had a number of local friends and co-workers out for evening cruises. Mostly to West Point and the Bear Mountain Bridge, with plans to head north to Kingston this weekend. So lots of fairly short trips but all at cruising speed where I'm burning about 20 GPH. I can slow down but I'm liking cruising at 24kn!

And stand by for "Sonny IV goes to Newburgh" and "Tales of the Head" stories - coming soon to a forum near you!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Sunday June 12th .... diesel: $ 3.59 / gallon Cape Ann Marina on the Annisquam, Gloucester .... coming down.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Post by ScubaPete »

I still can't believe that we are excited about diesel at $3.59---- but it is what it is. I guess it is a bargain compared to Starbucks coffee at over $12/gallon !

Here in the lower Chesapeake Bay the lowest diesel prices I have seen are $3.50 to $3.59.

Two of the more helpful sites for finding the lowest fuel prices are:

http://www.waterwayguide.com/fuelpricing_new.php

http://marinefuel.com/
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

Haverstraw Manina, Hudson River, between Bear Mt. Bridge and Tapan Zee Bridge: diesel $4.35/gal yesterday, June 15. Last year, price was $3.19. Oh, well, it only $$$, right?

Return to “General Discussion”