• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Deck or Cockpit lights

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JC78
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Redwood City, CA

Deck or Cockpit lights

Post by JC78 »

My Albin 28 has 2 of these lights, mounted on the radar arch, looking down into the cockpit, operated by a switch on the helm. They were badly corroded, and the screws stripped as I was removing them to replace the bulbs and clean them up. Does anyone else have these lights, and more importantly, has anyone had to replace them (which I now do)?
blue moon 031.jpg
blue moon 032.jpg
blue moon 033.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
JC
2001 28 TE
Blue Moon
Hull # 537
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Deck or Cockpit lights

Post by RicM »

Those lights are really old and really old technology. I am in the process of replacing every light on my 28TE with permanent, sealed, LED light fixtures. They use a lot less energy, and the bulbs never need replacement. Tungsten filament bulbs are a constant PITA in the marine environment, corroding terminals, and blowing bulbs. Look at the new, smaller and more efficient units on the market.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
JC78
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Redwood City, CA

Post by JC78 »

Thanks Ric. Any suggestions? I didn't see any comparable lights in my West Marine catalog, which is why I posted.
JC
2001 28 TE
Blue Moon
Hull # 537
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE