• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Massachusetts Weather?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Massachusetts Weather?

Post by jcollins »

Everyone o.k. there? It's been crazy weather this spring.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Massachusetts Weather?

Post by JackK »

Pretty scary stuff. You do not expect this in Mass.

My town was on one of the predicted tracks. The police radio was going crazy and the dispatcher finally came across with 7:07pm as the expected arrival. Police and Fire evacuated a mobile home park (voluntarily) to a school located just around the corner from my house. The sky really darkened and we had continuous lightning for about 30 minutes. Thankfully very little wind and no damage.

Just for perspective, I live around 5 miles from the home of the Patriots, Gillette Stadium. The storm track followed the Mass Pike from Western MA towards Boston. 3 Tornados touched down. I've never seen the warnings screen on my TV before.

A friend who lives in Agawam, one of the areas hit, sent me this cell phone shot taken from his office bulding.
Tornado Agawam 2011.JPG
Seeing the damage on the news, I cannot begin to imagine being in Joplin with the storms they withstood for multiple days.

Jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Unbelieveable!

Glad you came through without any damage.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I work with a guy who lives a couple of blocks from the path. He said it was scary.

I know the feeling....I witnessed the 1989 tornado that came thru Northwest Ct. I was working in Bantam and remember watching huge trees twist apart about 75 feet away right across the street! Yikes! Missed us by that much!
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

I was scheduled to come through there on the way from our condo in Sugarbush down to the Reel McCoy in Mt Sinai harbor for our spring dock party. Hubby John called and said to stay put in VT - I always respect his weatherman talents! I would have been in that storm track right about that time traveling south.... it was a delightful drive on Thursday and the dock party on Saturday was a great omen for the coming summer fun! Look forward to meeting everyone in Coecles :D

Return to “General Discussion”