• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Porthole gaskets

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Porthole gaskets

Post by mudskipper »

Hello to all. I am in need of some Grand Deer porthole gaskets for my 1988 40 foot Albin trawler. Some are flat ovals about 5x8 and some larger rounded rectangles [ portholes ] in the shoe box. This would be my beautiful boat from the rear. Does anyone have a Grand Deer source? Or will I have to mold new gaskets from ABC gum? By the way, the Jabco and joker valve interchange was great. Thanks My wife spent her first few nights aboard and I wanted to know all about those heads in advance and just in case. You are a fine bunch of laddies and you deserve a big raise. Jay on Aquarius
sburgis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Clair MI

Re: Porthole gaskets

Post by sburgis »

I have a friend in the hydraulics business. He sent me to his "O" ring supplier. I showed their counter person a sample and he found some that looked identical to me. I used a bit of adhesive to make sure they stayed in the groove.

Steve Burgis

Return to “Albin Maintenance”