• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Blue Angels Cancelled

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Blue Angels Cancelled

Post by crowra »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Chesapeake Bay magazine just posted on Facebook that the Blue Angels show at the U.S. Naval Academy for 24-25 May 2011 has been cancelled.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/n ... -show.html
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: Blue Angels Cancelled

Post by loubennett »

I got the news earlier this afternoon. Apparently one of them made a pass too low to be considered safe at an Sirenia on Sunday. They were sentenced to more training at Pensacola by their commanding officer. It's ashamed. The Blue Angels show in Annapolis has been a highlight of the year since I've owned Quest. I had a boatload going out for the show Wednesday with excellent food and beverages. Maybe we'll go anyway and look at some pictures from previous years. I hope someone notified the Coast Guard so they don't close the Severn River.

This development is particularly bad news since it has already been announce they won't fly in Annapoli next year. The Naval Academy is moving their graduation creating a conflict with the Blue angel's schedule. At this point we don't know if they can work schedules out for future years.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “General Discussion”