• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Water leak around the rudder

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Water leak around the rudder

Post by Anthony1013 »

I have my boat hauled out right now getting some paint work done and the yard notice I had some water seaping through a crack on the keel. The crack is aft on the keel, above where the prop shaft comes out.... right where the keel meets the bottom of the hull. The yard drilled a few holes near the crack without finding anything so they started grinding down the gel coat looking for the cause. They inserted an air hose and applied pressure, water started coming out where the rudder goes into the hull. The yard is going to dig into the rudder area and try to locate where/how the water is seaping in.... :(

Has anyone dealt with this before? The boat is a 1999 28' Albin and is currently on the hard at The Delta Marine in Seattle.

I saw Hangem High on the way there tucked in his boat house.... looking good!

Anthony
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Water leak around the rudder

Post by RobS »

Another 1999 model... Check out this quite informative thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1726&hilit=rudder
Rob S.