• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

can anyone tell me the height of a 36'

boat-houseoklahoma

can anyone tell me the height of a 36'

Post by boat-houseoklahoma »

i am purchasing a 1979 36' albin trawler, according to the owner the fly-bridge is expoxyed to the cabin roof from factory and fiberglass together, my question is: is this true? and what is the height of the boat from keel(or waterline) to the top of the fly-bridge. i need to get this boat trucked and i have never seen a boat move with the flybridge not removed?? thanks
Daryl
Mate
Mate

Re: can anyone tell me the height of a 36'

Post by Daryl »

I have a similiar vessel (1980 albin 33) and the bridge needs to be removed for trucking. There is actually teak trim at the seam where the bridge meets the cabin roof. Then there are lots of screws at the joint. This is on both the inside and outside of the bridge and the molded in seats too. In addition you need to deal with shift cables, steering lines and wiring. Overall a very expensive project and in many cases the boat is never the same when put back together. That is why I chose to do my post purchase by water, about 1000 miles.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: can anyone tell me the height of a 36'

Post by jleonard »

I believe my 40 is also screwed to the deck. I have measurements for mine, it looks like 14 feet from thebottom of the keel to the top edge of the flybridge structure.
But I think the 40 is a little taller than the 36
Albin draft.PDF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”