• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

raft mounting system

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

raft mounting system

Post by erice »

well, since i've asked what type of raft you are using, now, i'd like to ask how you mount it to your boat. we've looked at weaver snap davits, and the leaver system for the motor, but at the boat shows i've heard negative comments about this. then, there is the st. croix type of davits, which i like, but are considerably more expensive. so, what do you use & why? likes & dislikes?
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Re: raft mounting system

Post by sharffj »

Take a look at SeaWise Davit Systems. Have one on my 31 TE and am very happy with it. Also had a similiar system on a 42' GB which worked great as well
Jeff S
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

We have a Zodiac 9'4" dinghy on Weaver snap davits on our swim platform - the outboard Nissan 5hp is mounted on a block on the rail above. We like the weaver davits because it allows for easy loading and unloading the dinghy by snapping it in place and then on or off loading supplies - easier to mount the motor too. It all pulls up very easily and the whole operation of lowering or pulling up takes very little time.

Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok
Westbrook CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Post by bccanucker »

I've had both Weaver and SeaWise, which is made in BC, on past boats. I liked the Seawise the best. They make a manual cranking one and a hydraulic one. The hydraulic is twice the price. The only drawback with seawise is that it is expensive but once you've bought you will probably love it. I bought the manual one and then converted it to an electrical one and I market this conversion in BC.
Their website is:
http://www.davitsystem.com/
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I don't know what make davits I have but you can see them in the pic below. They are aluminum and I had them blasted and epoxy coated.
Right now they are mounted to the deck. The previous owner did that.
I will be making stainless brackets and will be thru bolting them to the transom. This will put the dink aft a few inches AND up.
AA at Coecles (Small).JPG
P6290077.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “General Discussion”