• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

what brand of raft do you have? why?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: what brand of raft do you have? why?

Post by jleonard »

Say hello to Gary and Pam on "Madeleine" for me. :D
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: what brand of raft do you have? why?

Post by Cape Codder »

On our 28 we usually carry our 8'9" Mercury hypalon inflatable, either up on the platform, or sitting right inside on the engine box. We opted for the super light-weight Honda 2-hp, under 30 pounds.

I really don't want the hassle of lumping around a 60 pound outboard. The Honda is easyon/easy off. Anywhere we take the inflatable we just use it for getting to the dock/restaurant/shore from a tranient mooring, and don't need speed. In Edgartown, we're moored nearly a mile from the dinghy dock, and the 2 hp won't break speed records, but it does the job fine.
If we do need speed, and/or need to run around picking up people or stuff, I'll tow our 13' Whaler with a 30 E-TEC. That will fly anywhere.
The mercury inflatable was priced right, and was constructed of hypalon and a 10 year warranty. Also the tubes are oddly shaped, so that they touch the water all the way aft. It looks different than the zodiacs etc, but the stability is awesome, and supports weight in the rear very well.
5 years old, still looks new.
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha

Return to “General Discussion”