• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Tub drain for 1979 Albin 36 aft cabin

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

harlie
First Mate
First Mate

Tub drain for 1979 Albin 36 aft cabin

Post by harlie »

Looked all over but cannot seem to locate where the bath tub drains into the bilge.. Thought I might put a shower sump pump in but did want to tear out drain without knowing where it goes. I assume it drains into the bilge but cannot seem to locate.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Tub drain for 1979 Albin 36 aft cabin

Post by jleonard »

My 1983 40 drains into a "box" that is built into the boat, just ahead of the engine. If you have a genset there that might be covering the "box".
There was only a drain hole halfway up mine, so I made the box significantly smaller and added a bilge pump.
The reaminder is now storage for oil, coolant, etc.
Hope this helps.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
harlie
First Mate
First Mate

Post by harlie »

Thanks for info;we do have a genset but there is no box below that. There must be a simple answer but it is beating me!!! Waste water must be going somewhere.
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Post by bccanucker »

We have 36 aft cabin. Our bath tub/shower drain for aft cabin and VBirth drains to box as described by jleonard. At first glance looks like a big battery box. Very bottom of bilge to just under Engine room floorboards about 2' in front of engine. Holding tank is in front of this box towards bow. We have our 6 batteries right above it. When I first found it noticed it was full of water which I couldn't get at and the bilge pump in it wasn't working. I had drill in hand and was about to drill a hole in the bottom of the box when I said "let's apply the think about this overnight rule". Sure glad I did.
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic

Return to “Albin Maintenance”