• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Marina Modification

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Marina Modification

Post by Legacy »

Just an observation. Constitution Marina on Boston Harbor is doing away with a good number of 30' slips and rebuilding them to handle 40'+ boats. Maybe another sign that the boating business is in a bit of a rebound. Our marina had 110% occupancy in 2010 (counting for transients) and still has a wait list for slips. But many of the other marinas in the area are struggling. Hopefully 2011 is looking up!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Marina Modification

Post by jcollins »

Our marina had the same problem last year. Many of the <30' slips were open but we were out of room for larger boats.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
SANDY FINK

Post by SANDY FINK »

Its a wise trick that marina's use, they charge which is greater, boat or slip, so if your boat is 35' and is in a 40'slip you pay the greater amount. We are docked at a Brewers yard and they even charge more for the larger slips@ $120 per ft on slips under 40' and $130 on 45 and up slips. plus extra for 50amp shore power. Good Luck!

Sandy Fink
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

SANDY FINK wrote:Its a wise trick that marina's use, they charge which is greater, boat or slip, so if your boat is 35' and is in a 40'slip you pay the greater amount. We are docked at a Brewers yard and they even charge more for the larger _AT_ $120 per ft on slips under 40' and $130 on 45 and up slips. plus extra for 50amp shore power. Good Luck!

Sandy Fink
We pay 68.00 per foot for 30' boat. (swim platform/bow pulpit). The slip could take up to a 35' boat. My electric is metered with BGE. Winter cost is around 8.00 per month and summer around 18.00.
I'm on a floating pier with boats up to 45' that was 100% filled last season. The fixed piers were less than 50% filled.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

jcollins wrote:We pay 68.00 per foot for 30' boat. (swim platform/bow pulpit). The slip could take up to a 35' boat. My electric is metered with BGE. Winter cost is around 8.00 per month and summer around 18.00.
I'm on a floating pier with boats up to 45' that was 100% filled last season. The fixed piers were less than 50% filled.
Wow! I paid $123/ft last year for the 28 and I'll be up to $126 for the 35. At least they're nice to me and haven't been dinging me for pulpit/platform. Plus electric of about $400 for the season.

But it's a nice marina with good services and very quick to get out of. They spent a bunch of money a few years ago on the docks and they've been upgrading the infrastructure (fuel dock/store/showers) a little each year. They fill up every season.

And the cable TV is "free"!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Fortunate
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Robinhood Marina, Georgetown, ME

Post by Fortunate »

Our marina has kept thier price of $80/ft for the last couple years, but the great state of Taxationland has recently added a 3.5% additional tax for slip and mooring fees. We have to pay the slip length or boat length (including pulpit and swim platform), whichever is greater length.
Kim Suhr
"Fortunate"
27 Family Cruiser
Robinhood Cove, Georgetown, ME
Drew
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dataw Island, SC

Post by Drew »

Besides all the cold and snow you northeasterners put up with, another reason to consider a relo to the south is that slip charges at our marina run $10/ft and we are out on the boat 12 months a year. Maybe time to reconsider.
Mulligan Too
2004 Albin 28 TE
Dataw Island, SC
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I think what you are seeing has a lot to do with economy. Boat sales and use for boats smaller than 40' are flat to say the least. The larger boat industry seems to be holding its own. Could be just a sign of the times.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “General Discussion”