• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Help for 25/27 owners

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Help for 25/27 owners

Post by Dave »

I am not sure if there are many 25 and 27 owners in the AOG but I think a lot of us are first time Albin owners or even first time boat owners. I have posted a few questions in the True Classics section over the past few years and have received replies to most, but it seems like a lot of the owners of the other 27's know as much or as little as I do. I am sure a lot of you 28 owners previously owned a 25 or 27 so please take a look at the True Classics section once in a while and help us out.
I have tried about four times to join the 25/27 club but don't even get a response so I rely on this site for most of my information. Thanks to all that have provided advice so far and look forward to more input.

Dave
1988 27 Convertible
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Help for 25/27 owners

Post by Panhdjoe »

Hi I got my 27AC with a nissan LD28M engine about 6 weeks ago and am in the fixing up and maint. phase. I have gotten Quite an education so far. And have some good help here
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Oh there is a bit of A 27 experience here. I had mine for 13 years. During that period it was heavily used & I guess just ablout everything known to happen to a 27 did.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Fortunate
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Robinhood Marina, Georgetown, ME

Post by Fortunate »

Dave,

There seems to be a growing number of 25/27 owners joining this forum. The Yahoo group is very knowledgable, but the site can be quirky and there have been a lot of issues with new folks not being able to join.

I have not been involved with this site as moderator as much as I had hoped. Two children and trying to run a business does not leave me a whole lot of time to respond as much I I wish.

I will help you when I can, although I am only a 4-year veteran to the A27 world.
Kim Suhr
"Fortunate"
27 Family Cruiser
Robinhood Cove, Georgetown, ME
Capt Ram1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Worth- Greek Islands

Post by Capt Ram1 »

Ive had my 1990 27s since 91, 10 years of that was used as a comercial dive boat and used quite a lot- its been dry docked since 03 and am now in process of getting her ready to go back to work- I will also help when I can ,
Greek Islands
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the responses, there is a lot of help on this site and it is growing all of the time, it would also be nice to see a few more 25 and 27 pictures on the site. Greek Islands and Bermuda are places I have never been and it would be nice to see some Albin photos from all areas. I posted a few of Halifax when the tall ships visited a couple of years ago.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Hi - Another A27 AC owner here, too.

Best part about this site is the "been there-done that" experience. What to do, what not to do and what never to do. Why? Because they already did it!

Like someone once said: "It's good to learn from your mistakes but it's better to learn from someone elses."

I semi-lurk, only because I don't have much to add to the answers already given, other than maybe saying "me too". But, I must say that the info I receive was dead-on. Case in point: My recent "boat stand" query. I took the info the members of this site gave me to my marina, they bought the specified stands for me and now my A27 is sitting like a princess on four new stands next to my house. They fit like a glove!

Now if I can ever find my elusive drain plug... (just kidding - don't have one!)
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Brian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Brian »

Hi Dave,
I'm like you, new to the Albin experience!
We bought our 25' not quite a year ago.
I have given and taken from this forum a bit and find it usefull.
I have back 'n' forthed with Chris (owns Iron Jack) in New Brunswick about swim platforms, heaters and toilet/holding tanks.
Not quite the Greek Islands or Bermuda, but attached is us near Cortez Island (BC) last summer...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave »

Looks like some of the peaceful coves her in Nova scotia, nice boat, looks like it's in great shape.

Return to “General Discussion”