• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin websites update

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Albin websites update

Post by jcollins »

www.albinmarine.com now links to the C&C site on one side and features a picture of the new TE 46 on the other side. But that link still takes you to the old Albin Marine site. (for now)

The new site for C&C / Albin site is www.albinboatsusa.com.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albin websites update

Post by jillsusan »

You mean the 46TE that they still cannot sell? The one they are listing everywhere and anywhere?
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

The December, 2010 issue of BoatU.S. Magazine contains an article in "theadvocate" consumer protection section, that starts on page 30. This article does not mention Albin boats, so don't begin worrying. C&C Yachts' corporate ownership history is traced and then leads to complaints from Tartan and C&C sailboat owners that are not minor ones.
Many, if not all of the structural problems mentioned in the article affected boats that were made before the new owners of C&C stepped aboard. The years of manufacture of the cited vessels, in order of presentation are 2005, 1997, 2007, 2002, and 1999. C&C and Tartan are separated by the word "and" in this article, and both brands have individual hull-numbered complaints.
I hope that C&C's takeover of Albin boats and yachts does not lead to boating magazine articles that list structural problems that are like those mentioned in this article.
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jillsusan »

so basically what you are saying is that C&C is like any other boat mfg. Ok-- cool. I will sleep better. Because the owner of Albin- whatever his name. Was not too honorable to say the least with regard to the products he put out several years before the end. And from what I understand he still gets a pc of the pie if the new Albin's are sold.
Sea Ranger

Post by Sea Ranger »

“Albin Boats in sizes from 28 to 35 feet are now built by C&C Marine in Bristol, RI. C&C Marine has a reputation for building solid, no-nonsense boats built to exacting standards that ensure top performance and reliability. We don't just build the boats, we use them -- for fishing and cruising -- without compromise. Our boats are built to take everything a dedicated boater expects in a quality craft. The owners of C&C Marine have been building quality boats for more than 30 years with some of the top boat companies in New England. “

The above is a direct quote from the Web site. We should not confuse C&C Marine of Bristol RI as the same the manufacture of the C&C Sailboats which are now being manufactured by Tartan.
AdvantageYS
Mate
Mate

Post by AdvantageYS »

C&C Yachts, now owned by Fairports Yachts who also builds Tartan sailboats, is located in Ohio, and has no relation to C&C Fiberglass AKA C&C Marine in Bristol, RI that now makes the Albin 28, 32 (formerly 31) and two versions of the 35. Note that C&C Marine is also the builder for Hunt Yachts and a number of models of J/Boats sailboats, both of which are high-end brands and specifically selected C&C Marine for their high-quality builds.

I hope this clarifies.
Doug G.
Advantage Yacht Sales
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Thanks for the clarification. I was pretty sure the C&C / Tartan operation was a separate entity from the C&C Marine operation building the Albins but didn't want to post it without some research to verify. This is how rumors get started. Glad you discounted this one early on.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

I thank all who explained that there are two C&C boat builders. The article that I mentioned as the source of my information did not mention Albin, as I wrote. It is nice to know that the boats that we now own will have a continuing brand presence that most of us consider better than average.
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jillsusan »

So who built the 46 they are showing all over the place?

I was advised it was built overseas in the orient

Return to “General Discussion”