• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

non albin boat owner member?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

non albin boat owner member?

Post by erice »

i joined this forum in june because we were hot for a 35' command bridge. during the past 5 months i've enjoyed the info found here, but ended up with a 36' sabreline trawler. is it still kosher to take part in this forum?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: non albin boat owner member?

Post by jcollins »

I don't think you will hear any objection. 8)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

You bet it is. The 36' Sabreline was actually our target boat when we first saw the Albin. We were up at Bellingham Yachts to look at a used Sabreline back in about 2002 when we saw an Albin 36' Express Trawler on the dock. We had never seen one and asked the broker about it. He told us that the one we were looking at was in charter and there weren't any for sale currently, but showed us the boat anyway. We went on our sea trial on the Sabreline and ended up buying a Camano. However, in 2005, after the Camano was lost in a fire, we couldn't get that Albin out of our mind. Eventually ended up finding Nordvika and we've been very happy ever since.

Nordvika shares a slip with a 36' Sabreline Express Hardtop. It's a very beautiful boat with a very meticulous owner, and has always been one of my favorite designs, though I prefer a boat with a flybridge and a true second cabin.
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

Post by erice »

thanks, i appreciate the reply. the one big factor in the sabreline's favor was the excellent visability in the salon and as you said, having 2 cabins & 2 heads. you will be hearing more from me.

Return to “General Discussion”