• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

November Launching in the South

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jimlewis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Little River, SC

November Launching in the South

Post by jimlewis »

Dear fellow AOG members,

On Friday 19th of November, 2010 I launched my 27 Albin SC in North Myrtle Beach, SC and cruised a few miles up the Intracoastal to Little River, SC where she will be docked (Mariners Pointe). As many of you up North are putting your boats to rest till Spring, I am looking forward to all seasons of boating in NC and SC. If my computer skills (or lack thereof) alow me, I will post photos of the event. I purchased the boat in Alabama last year and have spent 16 months restoring her. She has new bottom paint, new Flag Blue AwlGrip hull color, new Interlux Brightside topside and interior, new cushions, headliner, cabin lights, electric head, deluxe lavatory and galley fixtures, new counter top, repairs to porthole water damage at each window, and new rudder bushings. Still some minor things to finish but am enjoying having her in the water just relaxing on her. As the old saying goes "there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much doing as simply messing about in boats". Thanks to all you forum contributors for info and hints on various and sundry problem solutions. I really enjoy reading the posts and am looking forward to meeting other "Albiners".

Jim Lewis
Smithfield, NC
27 Albin SC
Six Grand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fortunate
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Robinhood Marina, Georgetown, ME

Re: November Launching in the South

Post by Fortunate »

Jim,

Congratulations. I would be very interested in seeing some pictures of the topside rehab. We are thinking of doing the same to ours. Also, if you have any pointers, problems that could be avoided, etc, I would appreciated the heads up.

Kim
Kim Suhr
"Fortunate"
27 Family Cruiser
Robinhood Cove, Georgetown, ME
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave »

Nice job, looks like a brand new boat and I am jealous about the year round boating.

Dave
1988 27 Convertible
Blind Bay, Nova Scotia
jimlewis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by jimlewis »

Will post more photos later as I need to get the cabin interior ship shape. Hope to finish some interior work over Thanksgiving. So far "she who must be obeyed" and the grandkids give it a "thumbs up". In addition to the previous mentioned upgrades, I also replaced the rub rail and insert with a one piece rail after making repairs to cabin and hull joint
with new rivets.

Jim Lewis
Six Grand
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I'd never own a dark hulled boat but they sure are pretty. Thought about putting a gold stripe down the side a few inches below the gunwhale. Not so low where fenders will rub it. The stripe will take some of the high-sidedness of the 27 away. A boot stripe an inch or so off the bottom paint could help too. You can get good quality tape in any colour from somewhere like a Sherwin Williams store.

Made a difference to mine but I should have used wider tape.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jillsusan »

Both of your boats are fantastic-- i have an 05 28-- in the process of giving it the same classic look
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jillsusan »

beautiful boat!!!

Return to “General Discussion”