• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Deadliest Catch Changes

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Deadliest Catch Changes

Post by jcollins »

John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Deadliest Catch Changes

Post by DougSea »

Still wondering what exactly is going on here. As best I can understand the Hillstrand's did not live up to their contract and now Discovery is suing them. I don't get the "we have to sell our boats and fire our crews" stuff. Why? Why cant you just film the new show as agreed?

There's something fishy going on here.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

They apparently refused to do the one-on-one interviews Discovery required to complete the editing of the show. They don't feel that it is necessary or required, but Discovery does.

If I was in their shoes, I'd be fed up with the intrusion into their private lives as well. Enough is enough.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Mariner wrote:They apparently refused to do the one-on-one interviews Discovery required to complete the editing of the show. They don't feel that it is necessary or required, but Discovery does.

If I was in their shoes, I'd be fed up with the intrusion into their private lives as well. Enough is enough.
The question remains; what does the contract that they signed say? They weren't forced into this, they invited this "intrusion" when they signed up and, I'm assuming, took the money. If the contact calls for interviews then do them. If not, then don't.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I don't think they took any money. As I understand it, DC is just upset because they invested a lot of money in it and were supposedly left without enough material to produce the show.

I've met Johnathan a couple times and, based on my limited experience, and from what I see on tv, he's not the most reliable or responsible person on the planet. However, the fact that Sig is backing them up says a lot. Sig has a reputation for integrity and I don't see him lending that kind of support to someone if they didn't deserve it.
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Does this mean that there will not be a show this year?
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

As I understand it, they're filming and planning on producing a show this year. No word on what new boats they may have gotten aboard. There's also the chance that this will be resolved somewhere between now and February when Opie season is over.

Return to “General Discussion”