• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Contacting Albin marine......

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

firemanbob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Unknown

Contacting Albin marine......

Post by firemanbob »

HELP !!!!! Need to contact someone at Albin marine.. I understand that they are out of business..
Hope to find someone that has information about the wireing scymatic diagram for my 36 Albin
trunk cabin built in 1983..There is wiring in the floor, that is to say inside the cabin sole... There
ia a major short in there some where and without a diagram I think that I'm out of luck.. Don't
want to rewire the entire boat... Any ideas???? firemanbob
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Contacting Albin marine......

Post by RobS »

You will not receive any help contacting Albin of today for info on an Albin of "yesterday"

Find out which wire(s) is your problem and pull a new run...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

firemanbob wrote:HELP !!!!! Need to contact someone at Albin marine.. I understand that they are out of business..
Hope to find someone that has information about the wireing scymatic diagram for my 36 Albin
trunk cabin built in 1983..There is wiring in the floor, that is to say inside the cabin sole... There
ia a major short in there some where and without a diagram I think that I'm out of luck.. Don't
I met Ken from Standish Marine at the Norwalk show. I think I remember him saying that the guy who ran the production line is now at C+C, the new builder. You might try giving them a call.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

DougSea wrote:
firemanbob wrote:HELP !!!!! Need to contact someone at Albin marine.. I understand that they are out of business..
I met Ken from Standish Marine at the Norwalk show. I think I remember him saying that the guy who ran the production line is now at C+C, the new builder. You might try giving them a call.
The production manager used to be a man by the name of Ed Winarski.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Now why on earth would one go thru the hopeless hassle of trying to find aschematic that old from a manufacturer....
WHEN WE HAVE IT HERE :wink:
Look in the document library my friend!!!
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Post by bccanucker »

Bob: Along with all the documentation that came with my 36' DC Classic I got a couple of pages that at show some wiring information. One page an 8 1/2 X 14" is called a 36' Trawler Electric scheme that gives info on wire colour etc for the AC and DC panels and the other page lists what colour and guage different wires are and names what they power. If deamed suitable I could copy and mail to you. (This is assuming a trunk cabin is the same thing as a double cabin trawler)
BUT - let's try this first. Tell us what isn't working. maybe we can point in the right direction.
ps to JLEONARD -- I dont think us swabbies and deckhands are allowed access to the document library (:-)
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

John Collins can help remedy that
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

The production manager used to be a man by the name of Ed Winarski
Ed will not reply to email. But, if you can get him on the phone, he is a fountain of information. I don't know if he could be any help with a 1983 boat. I haven't talked to him in over 5 years. Having said that, I agree with others. Give us a description of the issue. There are some very smart and helpful owners here.

Membership is not limited to your rank. (swabby, deckhand, etc.) Those ranks are based on the number of posts you make. Click on the "AOG Membership and Gear" link in the Information section.

Thanks,

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
randy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: anchorage

buying a new Abin

Post by randy »

I am considering buying a new Albin 35 T.E I live in south central Alaska also perhaps looking at used I would like to hear from people, good, bad, or indifferent, about likes dislikes etc..(email at paddock_randy@yahoo.com) I don't look at this forum much what type of reputation does this boat have? I am also looking at couple other brands similar to though Albin as 1st choice would appreciate your time and input, curious how well takes bad weather and a following sea. I am looking at twins live where there is a lot of tidal action can this boat go dry and support its self? thanks in advance for your help. saw the topic about flares remember if properly kept will keep for years hey someday just might need them.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

Like I said contact me I will get you the schematic.
I only joined this because it "appeared" to be a site that information was shared.
Now I know it is only certain information that is shared.
Contact me and I'll make sure you get the schematic.
Jay Leonard
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “General Discussion”