• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Still here

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Still here

Post by Denis »

Just got a note to see if I wanted to still be a member here. I guess I have not posted in quite a while, but I'm still here, just not much to say. I have done very little boating in the past two years so there is not much for me to add, but I do log on a couple of times a week to read what the others have to say. My Albin still looks good and when I do take it out it runs just fine.
Keep up the good work here, this web site is a very valuable source of knowledge. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Still here

Post by jleonard »

Saw you last weekend at Napatree. Actually weekend before last (7/31)
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I wish I had seen you, I would have introduced myself.
That was such a beautiful day and night. When they are that good it gives you something to think about on those cold winter nights. It was my first time back there in two years and it is still so beautiful.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
We toasted to you this weekend. Red Stripe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I've been toasting to me a lot lately too :lol:
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Denis wrote:Just got a note to see if I wanted to still be a member here. I guess I have not posted in quite a while, but I'm still here, just not much to say. I have done very little boating in the past two years so there is not much for me to add, but I do log on a couple of times a week to read what the others have to say. My Albin still looks good and when I do take it out it runs just fine.
Keep up the good work here, this web site is a very valuable source of knowledge. Denis
I can certainly relate to that Denis! Glad to see that you're alive and kicking and still finding some time to get on the water. Take care.

Doug
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Denis, I'm there too...real life has been taking all my time....2 months in the Gulf working Marine Patrol hasn't replaced my Albin time either. Hopefully I'll get a chance to make it up come Striper season!
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

A few years ago, if someone had told me that weeks would go by without me even driving down to see the boat I would have said they were nuts. Now, unfortunately that seems to be the norm. Life does seem to take some funny turns. On another note, I am going to find some time to get out there for some blue crabs. There are a ton of crabs around this year and I don't want to miss them and they are just getting big enough to keep. :)
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

I would have introduced myself.
Me too. That was a tough weekend as we had the two grand kids. I was a little occupied.
At 8 and 4 it was Tyler's (the 4 year old) first overnight on the hook. As you can imagine a 40 ft boat is miles too small for a 4 year old active boy.
But we all managed.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I can understand being too busy with two grandkids to watch, that is a handful.
We took my 16 month old grandson out this past Saturday, we were going out to Napatree for the day but halfway out there and I could see that he was not enjoying himself so it was back to the dock for us. Luckily, they had a show in Mystic that was fun to walk around and see things so we kept busy and that kept our grandson happy. Our kids were three and six when we first took them out on the boat, so we might have to waif a couple more years before he is old enough to head out on the boat and enjoy himself. We'll let him tell us when he is ready.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
sparky5959
Swabby
Swabby

Post by sparky5959 »

Glad to see you back,Denis.I own the albin across from you Mystic east,i was at browers.Denis ,if i could get you to post a couple of pics of the mounts for the two coolers,tranny and oil.My problem was an oil cooler which lead to bend push rods and broken value springs.Excited to be close to getting back out.
Thanks
Manda Lynn
94 28 Te
Pen Beast
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

hey manda lynn.......

you back in service yet? hope to see you out there for the upcomming tog season!

cheers!.......mick
sparky5959
Swabby
Swabby

Post by sparky5959 »

Ha Mitch

couple days will be in,stopped by marina sunday to to see uguys.
see u out there
Bruce
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Manda Lynn, I am not to good at posting pictures, but if you are close to me in Mystic I would be glad to show you my boat so you could see just what you need to see. I pulled the boat out last week so it is in the parking lot right now. Send me an e-mail with your phone number and we can meet some time. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

I was at Shipyard east sunday am and saw the boat was not in the water.
We crawl to Portland this weekend..get hauled next week. :(
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “General Discussion”