• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1988 40 Ft. Trawler

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

1988 40 Ft. Trawler

Post by mudskipper »

Good Morning, On Wednesday my daughter and I picked up our new boat. We took it to Oceanport NJ where it will be getting new mufflers, and then new tanks at haulout in November. We spent two days at the new slip checking lines for tide and crawling around the boat. We had a huge rain one night and the good news is that nothing else seemed to leak except the area abaft the port beam that is rotting from a pretty active leak. The surveyor had found this during the survey, and the old owner had to throw a bit of kip in the boodle for the repairs also to be done this winter.It is really great to have this group to relate the good the bad and the ugly. Can any one tell me how to set the font and color settings to post a topic? I kind of like big print.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 1988 40 Ft. Trawler

Post by jcollins »

Congratulations on your new boat When you are composing or replying to a message there is a pull-down box at the top of the screen for Normal, Large, and huge.

There are also Bold, Italic, and underline buttons. Click on the Font color button for colors. I should mention that all of this is in the final edit. You will not "see" anything but code when you are typeing.

If you want larger fonts when you are typing, Internet Explorer has a "zoom" function at the lower right corner of the window.

Additionally at the top of each forum page you will see a Print Preview, Email, and Font button.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

Congrats on the purchase, We got our 27 Family cruiser last march and this forum has been a great help. Someday I hope to move up to a 36 or 40 trawler. I would be very curious about the methods used and the cost of replacing the tanks since that is the job they all need. Why anybody put steel fuel tanks in a saltwater boat is hard to understand. Overall they seem to be wonderful boats
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mudskipper »

As someone pointed out to me they did last 20 years and do not currently leak,There is crudfuscation in the racor filter bowl so it is time. I plan to replace the great big tanks with more moderate size tanks. I am not planning a trip up the Amazon, so I don't think I will be more than three days from a fuel dock I am planning on using high grade poly tanks as they seem to be a good material. I was on a 4 million dollar Liebert crane the other day and it had poly tanks.

Return to “General Discussion”