• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What Once Was...

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

What Once Was...

Post by RobS »

Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: What Once Was...

Post by DougSea »

That land has to be worth some decent money. Pity no one in the Peters family really wanted to make a go of running the business.

I wonder how recent the image is...
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

The property was sold shortly after the plant closed. Something like $23M if I remember correctly. If you could zoom out a bit on the aerial you would see a high-end condo / housing complex adjacent to the old facility. I believe the buyer was an owner in the complex who didn't like the view and wanted to return it to residential.

It sure is a shame to see those molds just deteriorating in the open. That doesn't bode well for the return on any of the other models other than the 28.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

JackK wrote: If you could zoom out a bit on the aerial you would see a high-end condo / housing complex adjacent to the old facility. Jack
Here's the Google map link http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 1176687612
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

JackK wrote:The property was sold shortly after the plant closed. Something like $23M if I remember correctly. If you could zoom out a bit on the aerial you would see a high-end condo / housing complex adjacent to the old facility. I believe the buyer was an owner in the complex who didn't like the view and wanted to return it to residential.

It sure is a shame to see those molds just deteriorating in the open. That doesn't bode well for the return on any of the other models other than the 28.

Jack
Molds are actually typically stored outdoors. It's best to cover them with a tarp to prevent UV damage, but I don't know any boatbuilder or fiberglass fabricator that stores their large molds indoors.

That said, I agree, it is a shame to see them just sitting there.
randy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: anchorage

Post by randy »

to bad they don't sell molds to other builders sitting out with out some type of protection is wrong good luck to new owners who ever they maybe.

Return to “General Discussion”