• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Vetus Washer System

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Vetus Washer System

Post by JackK »

Kevin from Pitou asked for some info on the Vetus washer system that is installed on my 28. Thought it would be helpful for others so I started a new thread ...

Here are a couple of photos of the Vetus windshield wash system installed on my 28. The first shows the nozzle located just above the windshield wiper. Access for installation is through the covers located by each of the washer motors.

The second shot shows the location of the washer control knob. It is located just below the toggle switches for the wipers. The control is a twist knob which isn't the greatest. I would have preferred a push activation.

The system is connected to the freshwater plumbing system with a "T" in the freshwater pipe. It looks like a relatively simple DIY installation but mine was done by Standish Boat Yard a couple of years ago. The washer comes in handy on those windy days (like Saturday) when the spray coats the windshield in salt.

Jack
Last edited by JackK on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Vetus Washer System

Post by Pitou »

Thanks for the photos and opinions! ... Kevin
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

Post by pkdiver »

Jack,
Did the Vetus washer system come with more than one nozzle so that you could wash all three windows? It looks like a good thing to install to wash out the salt spray on rough days.
Thanks,
Pete
05 Albin 28TE / Flush Deck
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

This is the cut & paste discussion that morphed from another thread into this topic:

Pitou wrote:
When I bought PITOU one of the things on the to do list for delivery from the dealer was to install the Vetus windscreen wash kit on all 3 front windows. The kit arrived the day before delivery. Being anxious, I opted to depart without. Sure wish I waited a few more days for install.

Rob, I'm in your camp ... fresh water hose wash and a squeegee. Nothing like going for a walk around the trunk for some exercise! The wash system would have been nice.

Here is a link to the Vetus and AFI add-on systems at Jamestown Dist.. ........... someday, maybe .......... http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/1/3/washer-kits

JackK wrote:
I had Kenny (Standish) add the Vetus washer system to my 28 a couple of years ago. The days of running up front with a bucket of fresh water are over Just have to remember to run some anti-freeze up the lines before putting her away for the winter.

Jack

Pitou wrote:
This thread has me thinking ... layup project in the making.

Jack, Do you know where and how Ken tapped into the onboard water supply? That's the piece of the install I'm unsure of and has held me back. Sure wish I waited a few more days and had him complete that project for me. Any direction is appreciated. Hope you had a good season.

thanks,
Kevin

JackK wrote:
Like almost everything else on my boat ... it goes through the head I pretty sure he tapped off the cold water connection under the sink. I'll double check this weekend. He added the control knob just underneath the toggle switches for the wipers. The line runs up the upright beside the windshield and he opened the access panel for the wiper motors to make the connections to the nozzles. I'll try to remember and take a few photos this weekend.

Jack
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “General Discussion”