• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Vinyl Flooring at Essex Rendevous

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vinyl Flooring at Essex Rendevous

Post by zinbaad »

As my carpet in Pilot house and galley is getting a bit worn (or I am just getting tired of the look) looking for new Ideas. Sometimes I consider adding a bit of extra wook look to the cabin & Pilot but one of our brothers at the Essex Rendevous had what appeared to be a wood colored vinyl weave like pattern on floors. The material looked very durable and easy to clean. I am sure it come in other patterns. (dont want to be to much of a copy cat, lol) Anyone know what the material was called & where to purchase it? :)
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Vinyl Flooring at Essex Rendevous

Post by DougSea »

PM Dave39 and ask Dave where Ann got the flooring. She's in charge of that!

I was admiring the way it looked when she gave me a tour of Hideaweigh. Looked great and seemed like it would be easy to take care of.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Post by Legacy »

I missed the Rendezvous but thought I'd pass along what we did to our floor. We put down a vinyl floor made by Amtico. It's a teak and holly sole that is put down in strips. It's textured and most visitors to our boat can't believe it's not real wood. 4 years and still looks like new. Damp mop once a week is all it takes. Call Teakworks by Magogo - - he does a lot of Albins.
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Definitely make sure you use a high quality product. I've seen a vew brokerage boats where the owners used cheap Home Depot faux-wood vinyl glue-down flooring. Devastates the value of the boat. Most buyers subtract the cost to remove it rather than add the cost of installing it when making their offers.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Actually I did not want to Glue Down a floor. The product that I saw at Essex seemed to be thick enough to lay down with out curlups & could give me a little more woody look with out being permanent. How would I ever be able to sell Mahalo with some botch job ugly flooring, lol. Pm'ed but got no response as to the product yet
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com

Return to “General Discussion”