• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Owners Beware!!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Albin Owners Beware!!

Post by rcornejo »

I just wanted to make everyone aware of a transportation company that I would not use or recommend. They were recommended by a marina in Deerfield Beach, Florida. The transporter deleivered my 28 TE with major bow damage, rub rail damage and scrapped off some of the pin stripes. The name of the company is Onestop Marine Transport. They are out of Miami, Florida.

I would not recommend them to anyone. I did not know of anyone there and relied on the marina that did some work for me. The transportation company is saying that they picked up the boat in that condition; the marina is saying the boat was in excellent shape. The maria did send me some pictures of the bow after they finished painting the bottom of my boat and I did not see one small scratch. It's hard to believe that they would have damaged the bow if they loaded it with straps. At any rate, just wanted to let you all know to be careful if you are looking for a transport company out of Florida.

Roland :x
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albin Owners Beware!!

Post by Mariner »

Moved topic to appropriate forum. When posting negative reviews, we ask that you provide more than just anecdotal evidence and opinions. It sounds to me like you have not yet determined who was at fault for the damage, yet have singled out only one party here. Damage durring shipping is commonplace. In fact, I've never heard of a boat being transported without incurring at least SOME amount of damage or wear and tear. Usually it is minor and can be easily repaired. This is why it is advisable that you purchase insurance for any boat being transported, whether it be over the road or on it's own bottom.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Albin Owners Beware!!

Post by jcollins »

This forum is all about sharing information. Many times we are all searching for the same thing. A good mechanic, detailer, store, yard, marina, restaurants, etc.
Post your GOOD experiences here. The result will appear in the search index and help others find exactly what they are looking for. Be sure include contact information and website if available.

Include your boating area in the subject line to help others find information for their own city or state. Something like Chesapeake: or Seattle:

Please do not post BAD reviews here. Although we do want to hear reviews of that sort, they should be posted in the General Discussion forum.
<moved by the moderator>
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”