• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bottom Boat Color

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bottom Boat Color

Post by jillsusan »

Hi--it is called plasteak--

call Steve at 516 270 4660

Advise him you were referred by Steve with the 28 Albin in Huntington. If he cannot go there to do the job, then he can advise who can.

If you have any issue reachinghim- email me raystrauss411@hotmail.com

Steve
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jillsusan »

sorry- made a mistake-- it is called PLASDECK--

go to plasdeck.com

If you meet with them--let me know what they say and how much.
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Steve,

I have the 1997 TE model. I don't know which is the exact name for it. It was the boat listed by Dwight Tracey and Friends in Florida. I have read that some call it the Pilot house. I would like to know the exact model I have but don't know enough about the Albins to tell the difference. If I knew how to post a picture of it I would post one so everyone could help me out.

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

rcornejo wrote:Hi Steve,

I have the 1997 TE model. I don't know which is the exact name for it. It was the boat listed by Dwight Tracey and Friends in Florida. I have read that some call it the Pilot house. I would like to know the exact model I have but don't know enough about the Albins to tell the difference. If I knew how to post a picture of it I would post one so everyone could help me out.

Roland
Hey Roland,

You have an Albin 28 Tournament Express. Commonly just called a 28 TE. The "Pilot House" is the hardtop structure where your helm is. Most 28's have one. Some also have the "pilot house door" option (search for the boat "Pitou" on the forum to see one) but most have drop curtains that close the pilot house from the rear. The exception are the softtops, also sometimes called "Express" style boats. John Collins' boat "Afterglow" is an example. If you click on the link in his signature you can see the difference.

Hope that helps.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Doug,

Thanks a lot. That helps me understand. The confusion came in when someone asked me which model I had. I told them I had the 28 TE. Then they said, " I know but which model is it?" At that point I began to wonder if some were called the pilot house, express or somthing else. Some I knew had the full enclosures, soft tops and some had the drop down curtains. Now it makes sense. Thanks again for your help.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

rcornejo wrote:Hi Doug,

Thanks a lot. That helps me understand. The confusion came in when someone asked me which model I had. I told them I had the 28 TE. Then they said, " I know but which model is it?" At that point I began to wonder if some were called the pilot house, express or somthing else. Some I knew had the full enclosures, soft tops and some had the drop down curtains. Now it makes sense. Thanks again for your help.
No problem Roland!

And reading the way they asked you the question I have more to add! :)

A very common distinction is the "engine box" model where the engine cover sticks up from the center of the cockpit deck (and is what I'm sure you have) and the "flush deck" where the engine is moved forward and down and there is no box. There are other differences but that's the most obvious.

There is also a "Newport Edition" which showed up around 2005 (I think) that had an L shaped settee instead of the mates chair to port.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “General Discussion”